FINALLY! It's Fall, y'all! Thought I would kick off this fall season with a hearty tortilla soup. Such a quick and easy recipe that feeds about 6 people!
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lime
- 2 cans black beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes with chopped chillies
- 2 chicken breasts (optional)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro (optional)
- Mexican cheese or vegan cheese (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Dice up your onion and garlic and combine into a pot with olive oil. Cook on medium until onions start to brown. Once brown, add cumin and mix.
- If using chicken, cut into small pieces.
- Add chicken broth, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes with chopped chillies, and chicken into pot.
- Cook to a boil on medium high. Should take about 15 minutes. Check to see that chicken is fully cooked. If chicken is not cooked, wait another 5-10 minutes.
- Once done, top it off with some fresh cilantro, cheese, avocado, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slurp and enjoy!