Flax Seed Milk
* ¼ cup raw whole flax seeds *see note
* 6 cups water
* 5 pitted dates *see note
* 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* Place flax seeds in the jug of your blender and add water. Blend on high for 1 minute until all seeds have been broken down. You want the pieces to be still visible as they’ll be filtered out a bit easier.
Pull a nut milk bag or the leg of (unused) pantyhose over the top of the blender jug and slowly pour mixture into a large bowl.
* Squeeze out all of the liquid being careful not to squeeze too hard allowing the seed fiber to come through.
* Once all liquid has been extracted, strain it again by pouring the milk back into the blender jug, covering the top with the second leg of pantyhose and pouring the milk into the bowl.
* Return milk back to the jug, add dates, vanilla and spices or supplements if using. Blend on high until dates are completely broken down, about 2 minutes.
* Remove the froth at the top by passing through a fine sieve or skim from the top with a spoon.
Pour into an airtight jug. Will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days. Natural separation will occur, just shake it up before serving.
Recipe found by @healthyespo and provided by https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/